SHADOW PEOPLE


Shadow people are supernatural shadow-like humanoid figures that, according to believers, are seen flickering on walls and ceilings in the viewer's peripheral vision. They are often reported moving with quick, jerky movements, and quickly disintegrate into walls or mirrors.

Shadow people are not bound by walls or physical obstacles, as they may choose to move through them, while strangely; other shadow people seem to believe they have to go around physical objects. Shadow people are also known as dark shadows or shadow ghosts, and probably are the most misunderstood of entities seen.

Here some stories:





IT WANTED THE PAPERS




In 1983, the wife of Doyle, a geologist, encountered one of these shadow people in their home near Olathe, Kansas. Its appearance followed that of another spirit – a vaporous white form. Doyle says his wife was home alone in the house one September evening. “She was headed down the hallway when she stopped, feeling a slight chill in the air,” he tells us. “Almost immediately she observed a wispy white shape, that of a woman in flowing white apparel, drift from my office into the master bedroom. This apparition seemed to look briefly at her as it passed by.


“But then ‘something’ else made its appearance. From the master bedroom into which the wispy woman in white had disappeared emerged a very solid and very ghastly apparition. This thing was a slow-moving, black, skeletal form, like some hideously animated charred corpse. It did not drift, but walked slowly into my office, not seeming to be aware of my wife. You would think this ‘thing’ would have terrified her, but she said she felt no unease whatsoever, despite its frightening appearance. In fact, she advanced to the office door and looked in. The light was on, and this thing was standing at my desk with its back to her, looking down. She said it was reaching out with a bony blackened hand at the papers on my desk, as if it were profoundly interested in those papers.


“She stood transfixed as it then slowly turned, as if aware of her presence, to face her. She said it seemed to have remnants of charred clothing clinging to its body. It then looked back at her, its faceless skull devoid of any emotion, malevolent or otherwise. Its eye sockets were black and empty. She had no thought that it meant her harm or was evil. Then it simply vanished, like a TV screen being snapped off.”


THE DIGGING SHADOW MAN



There are other stories in which these shadow people seem to appear with a purpose. Sometimes they seem curious about the people they are visiting. Reiner recounts what happened to his brother when he was 12 years old. “One night, while everyone was fast asleep, [my brother] heard the shutter of the window open,” Reiner says. “He peeked from under his covers and saw a hand coming through the shutter. He closed his eyes thinking that it was a dream, but when he looked again, there was now a figure of a man inside the room. This figure was so dark that even in our pitch-black room his outline was clear. Terrified, he screamed and switched on the night light beside his bed. The dark figure seemed startled and leapt out the small window.”


This reaction by the figure indicates that is well aware of its surroundings. But what did it want? A year later, it returned, and behaved very mysteriously indeed. “This time the figure was already in our room,” Reiner says his brother told him. “The thing walked across our room and studied my sleeping self and our youngest brother. He then went in-between our beds and started digging with what my brother explained as a pick-like tool. The sight frightened him and he again switched on the lights and shouted for me to wake up. But this time, the figure didn't leave. It stopped its ‘digging’ and just stared at him, seeming to walk toward his bed. I woke up from his screaming, and just as I looked toward him, I saw the dark figure. It looked back at me, then back to my brother. It jumped out of the shutter just as my brother said it did before.”
This case is significant in that the being was seen by more than one person performing the same action. But digging? At what? For what possible reason? If these are beings from some other time or dimension, we can only guess at their puzzling intentions. In another case, one of these beings was seen trying to pull up a floorboard.



 
IT SEEMED SURPRISED

Shadow beings aren’t just creatures of the night. Consider Victor’s sighting on November 1, 2003 (the day after Halloween – All Souls Day) at 8 a.m. He was in his kitchen pouring himself some coffee when he saw the shadow person actually materialize on his backyard patio. “A brownish-colored smoky mist came wrapping around the patio post from the rear,” Victor recalls. “It was about two feet tall and two inches thick and was hugging the side of the post about five feet above the ground. The ‘smoke’ stepped aside from the post and formed into a human shape. I could see the torso from above the groin (no legs), the head and right arm.



I couldn't see a face and the torso didn't appear to be clothed. The whole thing was still very smoky, fluid and almost had a shimmery sparkle to it. “The next second, the apparition actually straightened its head from a downward position (like someone standing at attention). I saw the shoulders snap into place and we stood and stared directly at each other for a split second. His whole body jolted, like he was shocked that I was looking at him. It was a very human reaction.



Imagine how your body reacts when someone surprises you. He turned sideways and raised his right arm like he was running. He scooted very quickly back behind the patio post. At the same time he appeared to be running, his body also seemed to be reverting back to the smoky mist shape.” The behaviour of this apparition indicates intelligence. As it appeared in our dimension of reality, it seemed surprised that it could be seen by Victor, and retreated to whence it came. Wherever that might be.


DARK NIGHT FIGURES


Nicky has had several encounters with these shadow beings, some completely terrifying because they have actually touched her. One night as she lay in bed with her husband, she was jolted awake. “I opened my eyes and this dark figure, which felt like a male presence, was holding my arms down and smothering me,” she says. “I kicked at it to try to feel my arms and screamed so loud that it woke up children at the other end of the house.



My husband flew out of bed, and for the first time in the 12 years we have been together he saw it. The dark figure went through the ceiling. It shocked my husband so much that he sat up for an hour and didn't say a word. I was so terrified and relieved at the same time because my husband saw it and I wasn't going crazy. After that, the visitations relented until the night of November 4, 2004. “My husband was on night shift and it was just me and the kids,” Nicky says. “It was 11.30 p.m. I felt its presence and when I opened my eyes I could clearly see the figure was not human. It was all black and crouching on four legs. It sort of reminded me of a gargoyle. It pounced at me. I screamed at it and punched the air, jumped out of bed and turned on the lights. I left the light on because I was too scared to turn it off.”